guidelines for papers, workshops, demonstrations and colloquia
Guidelines for Paper Presentation/Workshop/Demonstration/Colloquium
Paper presentation/workshop/demonstration/colloquium sessions will take place at Meng Wah Complex at The University of Hong Kong from 10-12 June 2020. The general principles are:
|Paper presentation||20-minute presentation + 5-minute Q & A|
|Workshop||50 minutes (including Q & A)|
|Colloquium||50 minutes (including Q & A)|
|Demonstration||15 minutes (including Q & A)|
All presenters should have received their presentation details via our email notification. Please visit the Conference website for the conference programme from 30 April 2020.
Presenters must register and pay by 31 March 2020. It will be assumed that presenters not registered and paid by this date have withdrawn from the programme and their presentations will not appear in the conference programme.
Before the Presentation
- If the presentation has embedded audio or video files with .avi, .wmv, .wma, .mov, .mpeg, .mp3 file extensions, please make sure they are compatible with Windows Media Player.
- Presenters are advised to bring their presentation file in a portable format (USB/Flash Drive/CD) and come to the assigned presentation rooms to pre-load their PowerPoint presentation at least 15-30 minutes before the presentation starts.
During the Presentation
- The Chairperson of the session will introduce the name and the affiliation of each presenter and the topic before the presentation.
- The presenter can start the presentation after the introduction.
- For Paper Presentation, the Chairperson will give a signal when 2 minutes are left for the presentation. The Chairperson will give another signal when the allocated time (i.e. 20 minutes) is over. The presenter has to stop the presentation when the second signal is given. The Chairperson will then invite 1-2 questions from the floor.
- No audio-visual equipment will be provided for poster presentations. The presenter has to take care of the equipment. The conference organiser will not take any responsibilities for loss or damage of such devices.
- For Workshop/Colloquium, the Chairperson will give a signal when 5 minutes are left for the session. The Chairperson will give another signal when the allocated time (i.e. 50 minutes) is over. The presenter has to stop the presentation when the second signal is given. At the end of the session, the presenter can invite 2-3 questions from the floor.
- For Demonstration, the Chairperson will give a signal when 1 minute is left for the session. The Chairperson will give another signal when the allocated time (i.e. 15 minutes) is over. The presenter has to stop the presentation when the second signal is given. Toward the end of the session, the presenter can invite 1-2 questions from the floor.
- Do not exit your PowerPoint presentation until the end of the Q & A session.
Information on Audio-visual Equipment
- Computers with Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office, LCD and computer projectors, visualizer, DVD Playback and microphones are included in each session room. Details of the software available at the presentation rooms can be found online.
- Please bring your own laser pointer if you wish to use one.
- If you use Apple MAC, please bring your own adapters as we won’t be able to provide them.
Information on Printing Facilities
Self-paying photocopying service is available on 2/F, Chong Yuet Ming Amenities Centre.
If you are not able to fulfill your commitment, please contact the conference secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 March 2020.