REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
We would like to inform you that we have decided to postpone the HKCPD Hub International Conference 2020 for English teaching professionals worldwide, scheduled for 10-12 June 2020 with pre-conference workshops from 8-9 June 2020 in Hong Kong.
We are planning to reschedule the conference to early January 2021. We will contact the 300 presenters of the accepted proposals about our new arrangements once finalised, and we will also reach out as soon as possible regarding refund or alternative arrangements to those who have already registered and paid.
To all those who have submitted proposals or have registered for the conference we would like to express our thanks for their support. We fully understand that you were looking forward to coming together and sharing your professional knowledge with the wider community. We appreciate the time and effort that presenters have put into preparing for the presentations. Like you, we have been working hard for over a year, and were very much looking forward to meeting participants from around the world. Unfortunately, the continued global spread of COVID-19 and travel restrictions worldwide will have important implications for our conference participants meaning we would not have been able to deliver the experience you deserve in the international conference we have been planning for you. The health of our participants is of utmost importance to us.
This is a difficult time for all of us and our thoughts are with you and your communities. In times like these, we all need to come together. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Stay safe and keep well.
HKCPD Hub International Conference Organising Committee
23 March 2020
Full Conference Registration Fees
|Early bird rate
|Colleagues from institutions funded by the Hong Kong University Grants Committee
|HK$1,300||HK$1,500||For groups of 6 or more participants from institutions not funded by the Hong Kong University Grants Committee: please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of group size. Fees for group registrations must be paid in full at the time of registration.|
|Colleagues from other institutions||HK$2,000||HK$2,500|
Note: We do not accept on site registrations.
Full Conference Registration includes:
- Admission to all presentation sessions at the Conference
- Admission to up to 3 pre-conference workshops by our keynote speakers (Free of charge; Registration, on a first-come, first-served basis, required due to limited space)
- A conference bag (optional)
- Five morning and afternoon tea and coffee breaks
- Two lunch meals during the conference
- Conference Welcome Reception
- Cultural activities at the Conference
- Guided university campus walks and English Language Centre visits (Free of charge; Sign-up required due to limited space)
A conference dinner, local Cantonese-style banquet meal at a Michelin Star restaurant, has been arranged on 11 June 2019. The fee for the dinner is HK$550 per person. Space is limited.
Five pre-conference workshops will be conducted by the keynote speakers on 6 and 7 January 2021. See details of workshops. Admission is free for participants who have successfully paid for the conference. Registration, on a first-come, first-served basis, is required due to limited space. You can register for up to 3 workshops when you register for the Conference.
Full payment is required to confirm registration.
Payment can be made by online Visa/Mastercard via our online payment system.
An electronic receipt will be sent to you on successful completion of the transaction.
Group registration of 6 or more participants from institutions not funded by the Hong Kong University Grants Committee at a discounted rate is available.
Please contact us at email@example.com. Deadline for registration and payment in full will be announced in due course.
Confirmation of Registration
Once you have registered and paid, an electronic receipt will be sent to the email address you used when registering.
This receipt confirms your registration: you should bring it with you to the Conference.
Payment, whether by individual or on behalf of a group, is non-refundable. However, any registration fees paid in advance will be refunded in the event that the Conference needs to be postponed. Registration is not transferrable to other parties.
Pre- and Post-Symposium events
4 June and 6 June 2019
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
4 June 2019
The University of Hong Kong
6 June 2019
If you have any problems regarding registration, please contact the Conference Organizing Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- While every endeavour will be made to follow the arrangements announced in our publicity materials, the conference organisers reserve the right to alter these arrangements without prior notice should circumstances require them to do so.
- The conference organisers are not able to assist with visa applications.
- The conference organisers are not responsible for any loss and/or damage to personal belongings during the conference and related workshops and events.
- Any registration fees paid in advance will be refunded in the event that the Conference needs to be postponed. However, the conference organisers are not responsible for any refund of accommodation and flight bookings.
Personal Information Collection
The Language Centres of different member universities of the HKCPD Hub may take photographs/ video recording during this international conference and use such images in publicity or marketing activities.
- Pre-conference workshops and events on 6 January 2021: The recorded images will be handled by the English Language Centre according to the prevailing policy of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Please refer to https://elc.polyu.edu.hk/PrivacyPolicy/ for the Personal Information Collection Statements (PICS) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Pre-conference workshops and events on 7 January 2021: The recorded images will be handled by the English Language Centre according to the prevailing policy of City University. Please refer to https://www.cityu.edu.hk/fmo/download/Personal%20Information%20Collection%20Statement_VRS.pdf for the Personal Information Collection Statements (PICS) of City University.
- Conference on 8, 9 and 10 January 2021: The recorded images will be handled by the Centre for Applied English Studies according to the prevailing policy of The University of Hong Kong. Please refer to the Personal Information Collection Statements (PICS) of The University of Hong Kong.
Banner photo from Faces of English: Theory, Practice and Pedagogy